Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge: Week One - My log Tuesday

I'm starting to get some positive feed back so I'm hoping this will help those of you who are loosing. That's really what I want. I know I can make a LITTLE extra selling but ultimately, I just want everyone to feel as good as I am!
I haven't been this weight in a very long time, nor have I been this active EVER!

Here is a recipe that my coach sent me yesterday that sands pretty darned good. I think she got it from The Spark People website



Slow Cooker: Easy Taco Soup
Nutritional Info
·         Fat: 2.9g
·         Carbohydrates: 44.4g
·         Calories: 262.2
·         Protein: 15.0g
·         Cholesterol: 6.4mg
·         Sodium: 808.0mg
·         Dietary Fiber: 11.7g
Ingredients
1lb FROZEN Chicken Breast
1 Can Bush's Great Northern Beans (undrained)
1 Can Black Beans (undrained)
1 Can Dark Red Kidney Beans (Partially Drained)
1 Can Green Giant White Corn (undrained)
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix. (powder)
1 Can Diced Tomatoes w/ Green Chiles (undrained)
+ Dash of Cumin.

ONE SERVING = ONE (8OZ)CUP

Can be topped with shredded cheese and sour cream - NOT included in nutrition information.
Directions
All ingredients in crock pot 1 hour on high 6 on low!

Do not defrost chicken, put it in first, on the bottom of the pot closest to the heating mechanism.

Do not drain any of the cans except the kidney beans and even then only drain off what sits on the top of the can, leave 3/4ths of undrained.

This is a thick hearty soup with a great flavor.
Can be substitued with a pound of frozen ground beef but that adds more calories and more fat than necessary.

Cook for 1 hour on high, 6 on low.

Once it's done cooking you will be able to use a fork and shred up the chicken while still in the pot!




So this is my log today!
Breakfast - Herbalife Berry Shake
Mid Morning snack - Banana and Peanut Butter (I'm so boring when it comes to morning snack!)

Lunch - Pregresso Italian Meatball Light. The can is ACTUALLY 2 servings (see reading labels help). I actually had the whole can and a small handful of Special K crackers.

Snacks for the remainder of the day
Baby Carrots
Herbalife Protein Beverage
Weight Watchers Chocolate Pretzel Blast
Snickers Marathon Bar

Dinner 
Herbalife Berry Shake

Exercise
ZUMBA! Had a blast! After workout protein boost to repair muscles oatmeal. The instructor announced after Feb. 12 there will be a Saturday morning class as well.

My goal for the rest of the week is running tomorrow and Friday before the basketball games!

I hope the girls that have joined in the weight loss challenge are doing well and drinking LOTS of water!

1 comment:

  1. i eat that taco soup all the time. it is delish!!!! i put green onions and avacado on top!
    i am doing good with the 2 shakes and 1 meal, so far. i ate more calories today but got a lot more protein in. 75 grams!!!! but 1530 calories.
    yesterday i only ate about a 1000 calories but i only got like 50 grams of protien. somdays i just get so dang busy time goes by and i don't eat.
    next week i think i might go to the 6 and 7:30 classes if i like it on thursday.
    yeah. keep up the hard work!!!!

    ReplyDelete