Thursday, January 27, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge - Week 1: My log Thursday

Herbalife sent me five tips for a better diet today via email.

•Have a piece of fruit for dessert. Lose the cakes and cookies at the end of a meal and reach for a piece of fresh fruit instead. Nutrition Boost: Vitamins and minerals – like potassium and vitamin C – along with fiber and antioxidants, and you could save hundreds of calories.
•Switch to 100% whole grain bread. Swap in whole grain bread instead of the usual white bread for sandwiches or toast. It’s easy to do at home, and many restaurants now offer whole grain bread as an option. Nutrition Boost: An extra dose of much-needed fiber.
•Double up your veggies at dinner. Fill at least half your plate with veggies and salads. When you’re out, skip the starch and double up on the veggies, or have extras added to a sandwich. Nutrition Boost: Nutrient density – you’ll be getting plenty of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants in exchange for a low calorie cost.
•Have one calcium-rich food. Add a glass of nonfat milk, a scoop of cottage cheese, a carton of yogurt or a stick of string cheese to your day. If you can’t tolerate dairy products, many soy milks, cheeses and yogurts are calcium-fortified. Nutrition Boost: A good dose of bone-building calcium.
•Try some seafood. Canned tuna can be mixed with mashed avocado for a healthy sandwich spread, or tossed over some prewashed salad greens for a quick meal. If you lean towards red meat or chicken at meals, try a serving of grilled fish or shellfish instead. Nutrition Boost: Fish contains heart-healthy omega-3 fats, yet it’s low in calories and high in protein.

So here's my log for Thursday:
Breakfast: Wild Berry Herbalife Shake
Mid morning snack - Quaker Oatmeal weight management maple and brown sugar. You thought I was gonna put down banana and peanut butter didn't you! This blogging/logging thing is keeping me honest, is helping me make sure I ingest enough AND it's making me look for variety.

Lunch - Remember the whole putting half your meal at a restaurant into a to go box before lifting a fork to eat? Well I had that for lunch today! Rib Crib smoked chicken breast. I also had Dannon Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt has about the same amount of calories as regular yogurt but with more protein. It's not bad, a little more tart.

Snacks - Banana and peanut butter.... Ok so I can't stay away from it but it's what I had on hand.

Dinner -  Wild Berry Herbalife Shake

I also broke down and ate a hot dog at the basketball game. I'm human and it really smelled good. As I said you guys are keeping my honest and I want to be honest with you. It's ok to indulge as long as you don't over indulge. 

No exercise for me today, I'm shooting basketball... from the sidelines. It's my last homecoming of the year!


I hope to get to the gym prior to games tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. its ok you had a hotdog. i had a coke today. first one in 6 days. pretty good for me :)

    ReplyDelete