Sunday, May 17, 2009

Busy weekend

Squirt and I went to the rodeo both Friday and Saturday night. Friday night the air was very still and stuffy. We were nearly sweating in sleeveless shirts. Saturday we needed coats thanks to a cold front. It also rained, no big suprise here late Friday night leaving the arena for Saturday night's events a muddy mess.




This little guy found a bullfrog near the arena. Guess "Jeremiah" (I have no idea what the punk kid named him but that name seemed to fit for me) found the rain a welcome site. This kid carried around "Jeremiah" for a long time. I did see later in the night the punk empty handed. I can only assume Jeremiah some how escaped his grasp.


RERIDE! This kid, seriously that's all he is, got a reride after the bronc pretty much landed on its side in the mud. The kid was a 14 year old riding broncs with the big boys. He rode in his sisters memory. A year ago she was killed in a car crash. I took the reride but didn't make it to 8 seconds. The poor kid might have weighed 80 pounds caked in mud.

Today after church, lunch and a visit to my great grandma's, Squirt and I hit the park. We had a good time and it's hard to believe it's ready to start the work week again.

No comments:

Post a Comment