Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A long weekend

It was a long holiday weekend around here. I enjoyed it, didn't seem long enough and it had it's rough patches. Mom's pretty sick. They still aren't sure what's wrong with her. She had more tests done today.
I had worked all week around my house to make sure it was clean and the lawn was mowed so that I could enjoy the weekend when it came along. Saturday we went to mom's to work in the yard. She tried to help but it didn't last very long. I mowed and "weeder weedered." My son helped papa fix the "weeder weeder" we wound up having to buy a new one but got a lot done.




I'm not sure what he was telling me in these shots but they musta been purty serious. I can just hear him "Whatcha talking 'bout Momma!"
We cooked some very nice burgers as well. I may have just been hungry but they really tasted good!
We went fishing Sunday after church. I asked my son where he was going to go fishing. In true family style just like his momma would he responded...."In the water!" Duh mom here's your sign.
He was fun to watch the fish were biting really good. I wish I would have taken time to get my camera out. I was enjoying watching, being mom and helping bait and such instead of being the photographer though. We caught a good mess of perch. We cleaned and froze them to save for a time when my mom can enjoy them as well.

Monday we went to my grandma's. There was A LOT of food. Ribs, smoked bologna, smoked brisket, beans, potatoe salad, fried tators, green salad, salads that I wouldn't eat but everyone else seemed to enjoy, bread, gosh I can't remember what all. Of course we can't forget the homemade ice cream, cobler and lemon cake. None of which I could touch till an hour after I had filled up on the BBQ.




My son always enjoys hanging with his cousin "Ach!" My son has a bit of an allergy and was sneezing off and on throughout the weekend. He had a sneezing fit on Ach's head just after Ach lifted him on his shoulders. Aunt Deanie tried to catch some of the sneezes!

I also had the opportunity this weekend to hang out with a friend again. I haven't dated in three years and I truely enjoy his company. I'm not sure where things might lead but at the very least I know I have a good friend. I'm open minded and hopeful that our friendship will grow. I know I have been guarded so in the past and am not the easiest person to get to know. I promised myself that I would work to change that and I hope it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment