Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Auction and other weekend activities

I had a shorter weekend than what I've become used to. I worked Friday and am normally off work. After I put Squirt to bed and had a friend, who seems to be becoming more than just a friend come over. I'm enjoying his company more and more. We've been friends for a few years now. Friday evening we watched a few movies in the dark so as not to wake Squirt and sat on my porch. I love my porch. Even though I live in town it is a quieter street, when there's not a train going through (I live two blocks from the track). The view is an empty lot with a few trees and a pretty clear view of the sky. It's really nice to sit and watch the stars and breath in the scents of roses and honeysuckle. M and I had a few cold ones as we talked and just genually enjoyed each other's company.

He left around 2 I think and Squirt woke me the rearing to go for the day around 8. Papa, Grandma, Uncle Bubba, Squirt and I all loaded up to go to an estate auction.

I love watching these auctions. They had three auctioneers going at once. I took my camera but apparently it had been left on in the bag and no battery power. I took a pic of Squirt on Uncle Bubba's shoulders with my phone.

It did get a little warm. After we left the auction we traveled to Lowes where Papa bought Grandma a trellis for her rose. Squirt in his "cool dudes" aka sun glasses was also taken via my camera phone. You can't see behind those cool dudes but he's out!! Completely worn out from the day's activities. He and I both took a nap Saturday.


I did buy a couple of items. Above is a single serve glass of milk from a local dairy back in the day. I thought it was pretty neat I don't remember how many ounces it holds but it's not very big. I really found the phone number of the dairy to be interesting. Need to know if the cows have been milked? Call #13!

I've already found good use for it! I also bought a nice glass tea pitcher.
Sunday evening despite having no nap Squirt and I were invited to my friend M's house. We helped him plant flowers. It was good to see that Squirt had fun and didn't drive M batty! M handed Squirt the hose to water the plants we'd just planted. Before it was over, Squirt had watered us all!!!



1 comment:

  1. the milk jug is cool but when are you going to post a picture of your new beau? My curiosity is killing me lol! BTW Love the "cool dudes"

    ReplyDelete