Thursday, June 18, 2009

Weekend's past and so has the week!

This week really has gone by fast. We had a pretty event filled weekend last weekend, some of which I wouldn't care to repeat EVER again.
Mike came by Thursday evening after Squirt went to bed and hung out on my porch. I really do enjoy his company and like him more the more time we get to spend together!
Friday my partner and I had a Father, son, daughter portrait shoot. It stormed really heavily early in the morning which made for a muggy afternoon for the portraits. We have tried to specialize in action and event photography but we'd like to branch out to portraits. This particular session was more challenging than we'd like to admit to, at least for me it was. The father still hasn't purchased yet. We hope he does soon.
Friday evening Mike cooked steaks on the grill.... twice! I was truely going to try and be nice and eat the RARE steaks he served. Thankfully he was going to put his back on the grill for a bit longer after cutting into them and discovering they were a bit redder than either of us would have liked. So mine got put back on as well.
We hung out and then watched Hangover! Funny but a bit strange.
Saturday morning he came over and helped me haul debris from the previous morning's storm to the dump along with other junk and brush. It was free dump weekend!
That afternoon I went to pick up Squirt from Papa's. He'd gotten a swing set for his birthday and it still hadn't been put together so we decided to try our hand at it.
Squirt and I got on the four wheeler to haul boxes of bolts and swing seats, chains and rope to the backyard where the construction would begin.
Squirt hit the throttle wide open in a hurry and I had to make a split second decision to save him and hopefully us both. I threw him off one side of the four wheeler before I had to crank to the other direction and try to find the break to avoid the house at full speed. I flipped the four wheeler and it wound up on top of me. Dad quickly came to my rescue fearing Squirt was under the four wheeler. I knew this wasn't the case but wasn't sure what shape he was in. He was up before I was and not hardly a scratch on him.
I think I shook for a good solid hour while we started the swing set assembly. I was sore for four days!!!
I'm just counting down the final hour or so of work. We're headed to Texas Roadhouse for Mike's mom's birthday. Looking forward to a good time and great company. Hoping the steaks aren't half bad either.


Squirt helping put togther his swing set!

He then had to bucket water out of his little swimming pool and water Grandma's flowers, well he though he HAD to!

No comments:

Post a Comment