Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busy but really really good weekend!

It was a long hot day Saturday for us! Friday afternoon Mike came over and we took Squirt to his FIRST theater movie!!! We saw Ice Age in 3D. Squirt did pretty good and only made two bathroom trips. I nearlly fell on the floor in the dark trying to get back the first time. Squirt also didn't like the glasses so didn't get the WHOLE 3D experience. Mike hung out for a bit before heading to Rocklahoma, a four day 80's rock festival in town. He had a VIP ticket.
The next morning Squirt and I got up and left at 9 to head to Eureka Springs, Ark. with the Young Adult Sunday School Class to see The Great Passion Play and the Living Bible Tour along with other museums and a dinner theater on site. It was a two hour drive and Squirt stayed awake the whole way. The countryside really is beautiful! We got there around lunch time and grabbed a quick snack before going on the Living Bible Tour. It was really hot but was really interesting. We all enjoyed cooling down in the dinosaur/creation museum there, which I found very interesting. They served us a really good dinner and had great entertainment from a group called The Texans!
The Great Passion Play started at 8:30 and is currently in their 41st year. It was a really good play but I didn't get to see all of it. Squirt had his gut full so for the last half or so we sat in the truck. He wouldn't fall asleep though until Papa got in the truck... we didn't get 10 feet and he was OUT!
It was a 2.5 hour drive back in the dark! Mike's TV busted and there was a UFC fight Saturday... I'm a great girlfriend!!! I gave him a key to the house and let him order it on my TV! He was waiting on my when I got back to my house!


This was Christ of the Ozarks. From what I understand each arm can hold a suspended vehicle!





You can kind of see just how large this statue is.

No comments:

Post a Comment