Friday, April 2, 2010

Blooming

Things are blooming!!!

Maybe it's just me but it seems my redbuds are blooming later this year....
And my Azelas are blooming early!
I have rose fever! I bought five new roses and I'm ready to "Rock & Roll" which just happens to be one of the varities name.

This weekend is stacking up to be a busy one around my house so I'm not sure these will get planted until next week sometime.

I got my mower running thanks to Bubba's help last night! I mowed the yard for the first time this season.

I was actually a bit frustrated yesterday when I got home. My neighorhood is a quiet laid back one for the most part. The house next to mine had an elderly lady living in it when I bought my house. Her children/grandchildren helped care for her and they hired the lawn mowed. It got to where they would mow into MY yard. Normally this wouldnt bother me; but instead of leaving a nice clean line they would just mow however they pleased leaving the yard looking UGLY!

I put up roses as a property barrier. This seemed to help for one mowing, but it was aweful the very next time. I spoke to the son and he spoke to whomever was mowing... problem solved. The elderly lady passed earlier this year and the house is up for sale. I'm not sure if the owner of the property mowed or hired it mowed or if the real estate agency hired the property mowed but they did it again. Now the grass in the front yard isn't as lush and think as it soon will be but it was still evident that it had been mowed and mowed well into my property. I like mowing. When I mow I try to be very curious and if I mow into the neighboring property I make a nice clean straight line. I don't want my roses disturbed and am going to plant more soon. I'm undecided if I should call the real estate agency and ask them to pass on a request not to mow into my yard and to be careful of the roses or just wait and see what happens as the season progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment