Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Fun

My son LOVES the water! He loves to swim and play and he'd do it year round if I'd let him!
When I was growing up I was spoiled. My grandparents had an in-ground pool, complete with diving board and slide. I didn't have to hunt out the swimming holes. Cost of upkeep and my grandfather's health put an end to that. They were forced to fill in the pool.
Squirt have found excellent places to swim though. We've hit the lake, though not my favorite places. Something about swimming 25 years in a chlorinated pool and then swimming in a murky lake. Not that we didn't swim in the lake while have the access to the pool, it's just different. Probably because I'm getting older.
We've hit the local public pool. Uncle Bubba also bought a pretty good sized soft side to have at my parents house.
Squirt's favorite place by far is Blue Hole.
Blue Hole is an excellent redneck swimming hole. In some ways it's better than a pool. WHY? Cause when Oklahoma July/August roles around and it's flipping 100 and heat index is 120, neighborhood pools start to become bathwater. Blue hole, though stays cold!
It's naturally spring fed. Some parts of the "creek" get pretty deep, I can't touch.
Yep we're still swimming with the fishies... But you can see them. Little minnows swim around your feet. You can see your feet for a really good depth too.

Squirt and I talked Grandma into joining us. Squirt had a blast making sure grandma stayed cool!






Even with the cool water, you gotta stay hydrated on a hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment