Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas No 4

I'm slowly but surely getting caught up....
Christmas Number 4 for me was spent on my dad's side of the family, which is rather large in number. There was still a LOT of snow on the ground the Saturday following Christmas. The area I was in did little to clear the streets and highways. I tried to get out of my driveway one time and was easily stuck in a drift which my brother had to pull me out of. Mike had plans to attempt to get to his Grandparents. We'd split ways for those particular Christmas celebrations then meet back at my house. He decided against that but also decided to sit it out at my house rather than go to my celebration. I didn't stay very long myself. I ate, opened presents and headed slowly back home.

This isn't all the clan. One family of four wasn't able to make it. Some are in the kitchen and some are in this rooom but I couldn't manage to get in the photo. There are five of the seven siblings in my dads family and their wives here, 23 of the 25 grandkids (counting wives, fiances, better halves) were also there along with seven of the nine great grandkids (another will be added in 2010). The living room got a little crowded as we sang Silent Night, Away In A Manger and Jingle Bells before opening presents.

Two of the greats teamed up against the youngest grand.

My boy got firefighter outfit, perfect to go with the fire truck Mike bought him.


The greats are pretty cute kiddos, this would be the youngest.



This is an immediate cousin (parents are bro and sis) to the cutie above and are five months apart.



This one and my son are year apart almost exactly!


The last Christmas celebration I attended this year, round five, I'll post next!




No comments:

Post a Comment