Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Firefighter



That's the name of this rose. Firefighter. I used to be married to one. I was very proud of his service to the community. While it frustrated me the amount of time he put into it and not into our marriage, I remained proud and know it was not the reason for our divorce. Firefighters, police, EMT's have a very difficult job and many times a thankless one. They are expected to rise in the middle of the night to face anything from helping an ailing elder back to bed to cleaning up pieces of what was once a living being off a highway.
There was a firefighter discovered in a burning home last night. Firefighters were called to a structure fire arriving to discover the structures completely gone and a body of a fellow firefighter inside. I've not heard the details on the cause of the fire. I find it ironic that this first year rose of mine bloomed the same day a firefighter was lost. I didn't know him beyond a voice on the scanner from time to time but can't help but pray for his family and those that responded to find him.
To everyone else that serves and reads this I'll offer a thanks that you may not hear at the right time. Your services are needed, and a blessing in the roughest of times. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment