Monday, April 20, 2009

Green thumb, fingers, hand, shirt.......


I spent much of my weekend outside. While it did rain some it was a wonderful weekend. I got three of my last four roses planted. My honey suckle pruned back a bit and just hung out. A great man and friend built me a trellis out of scrap metal. It kind of looks like branches. I saw something like it in a magazine and asked if he could make it, and he did wonderfully well. I painted it green. I nearly got all of it with one spray can of sage green satin finish rustolium. My mom and dad took Squirt with them grocery shopping Saturday morning giving me the opportunity to scrub my bathroom and kitchen. While they were at Wally World I asked them to pick me up one more can. I had some extra paint, and still do, so I painted my mail box green too.
My son is a wonderful boy. Always wanting to help his momma. He decided to help me by closing the lid to the mail box even though I had intended to leave it open for a bit to dry. His face was very funny when he looked down at his fingers and they were green.
"I shut the mail box for you mom!" he was so proud of himself. Then he promply wiped his green fingers on his white shirt!

1 comment:

  1. That last part made me laugh. Funny how kids think their shirt is for wiping their hands, like it is a wearable towel/kleenex :o)

    ReplyDelete