Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday evening working cattle

I came home from the track meet Saturday and found my parents working cattle along with the help of a neighbor and his son. Squirt had spent the day with Papa an Grandma while I was at the track meet so he was helping as well. The cattle have to be vaccinated in order to prevent illness every year. Non of us like this job but it has to be done. I'm glad the neighbor came to help. I think it forced my dad to be a bit more patient than he usually is with us. We've been doing it so long I think he wants us to read his mind. The only problem is that about the time we think we figure out what he wants he changes his mind. And they say women can't make up their mind.

Telling a very serious story! We were in the front yard waiting on Papa and Mr Jim to return with the next load to vaccinate.

There's Papa on the four wheeleleleler!

He has to watch from the safe side of the corral and we try and keep him close to the truck so we know and can see where he is.

Papa cutting off the old faded eartags.

This boy can't live without his Bug Juice! He was so filthy after we were all done. He didn't have a nap and was so tired he skipped supper. I had to stop at the grocrey store on the way home. He fell asleep before we hit town and despite being carried out of the van into and around the store and back out to the van. Let me tell you 35 pounds of dead wait feels like fifty pretty darn fast!

1 comment: