Monday, March 9, 2009

Sad Sunday




It was a sad Sunday around my place. After more than 25 years of having someplace to swim whenever I wanted, it will be no more. My grandparents have decided to fill in their inground pool. I can't blame them. It would cost a lot to fix it up... resurfacing, fixing cracks, re-lining it etc etc. Not to mention the cost of maintaining it for the summer. My grandfather isn't as strong as he used to be either.
Sunday my family helped tear down the fence that surrounded the pool so that they could fill it in this week sometime.
We've had a lot of good summers laughing and playing and enjoying the summer sun. I've had lots of sunburns and new freckles added spending time jumping in and climbing out of the pool. I wish my son could have those memories too. Now I have to convince my parents to put one in! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment